Walking in the gorges of the West MacDonnell Ranges I was drawn to photograph the stunning ghost gums that cling in stark contrast to the red rock cliffs. With a distinctive white bark, the ghost gum occurs on rocky slopes in arid areas where they have to endure a harsh and varied climate.
'Clinging On' is from the Primordial Landscapes series.
I wanted to capture the tenuous nature of this ghost gum as it clung to the side of the cliff. By applying some movement allowed me to soften the rugged sandstone cliffs giving this harsh environment a nearly romantic feeling that belies an ancient landscape sculptured over time by climatic elements. The ghost gum features in many Aboriginal Dreamtime stories so I’ve rendered it as though it’s in constant motion as it finds it’s place in this ancient land.
I apply some in-camera techniques to the landscape and the outback in particular for the 'Primordial Landscapes' series. I enroll the use of color, often muted but sometimes bright and garish, to capture the essence of the Australian landscape.
Giclée on prestige Photo Rag archival paper, premium quality delivering Bruce Peebles' art as vibrant in print as you see on screen. Printed with a 2cm white border. The print is signed on the Verso by the artist along with a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity.
Your print will be produced to the highest standard, proofed, checked and rolled in a tube.The paper is of the highest quality specifically selected by the artist. The certificate of authenticity is signed by the artist and guarantees your print is a limited artwork only available at the editions stated. You can attach this certificate to the back of the print once framed.
- Fine art archival limited edition photographic print
- Limited edition prints are signed and numbered by Bruce Peebles
- Printed on quality heavy weight acid-free artist paper
- Supplied unframed with white border around image
- Each print is custom printed and strictly limited to an edition run of 15
- Fine Art Prints are custom printed to order
- Please allow 10 business days for delivery of unframed fine art prints
- Complimentary worldwide shipping on all fine art prints